A deck is a great addition to any home. It can provide you with a place to sit outside and enjoy the weather, as well as give you an area where you can entertain friends and family. However, if your deck is damaged or looking worn, it may be time to consider replacing it. The following steps will help you decide what needs to be done with your damaged or worn out deck:
A hail damaged deck needs to be inspected.
A deck is a great place to relax, entertain and enjoy the outdoors. The right deck can add beauty and value to your home. But when a hail storm hits, it can also take away some of your enjoyment by damaging your deck.
Hail damage can include broken wood or nails, splits in wood and other structural damage. You need to have this inspected by a certified contractor before making any repairs so that you don’t end up with more problems than when you started fixing the problem!
Replace damaged boards & railings
If you’re seeing any of these signs, it’s time to replace your deck:
- Damaged or rotted deck boards
- Loose or damaged railings
- Decking that is starting to rot in spots or is completely rotten and needs replacing (wooden boards are a good option here)
- Stairs that need repair or replacement
If you’ve decided it’s time for new decking, consider this—you can buy individual boards and railings separately. This allows you to make sure each one matches the rest of your deck, whether they’re made from wood or synthetic materials.
Remodeling your deck can be a great way to add value to your home. Here are some tips on how to do it:
- Resurface the deck. While this option is not as expensive as replacing the whole thing, it will make your deck look brand new. You may also choose to replace damaged boards or railings while you have it open.
- Replace damaged boards and railings with wood products that match the existing material if they have not been exposed directly to sunlight or extreme weather conditions and therefore maintain their original color and texture.
A wood deck should be maintained so that it can last for many years. If you have a deck that is damaged, it’s best to inspect it for any issues so that you can make repairs before the situation gets out of hand. Remember to always use high quality materials when doing repairs because they will last much longer than cheap alternatives.